The Huckins Site (48WE917)
Magnetic field gradient survey
Above: Electrical resistance survey was tested over a small (20-x-20m)area within an area containing magnetic anomalies suspected to be caused by hearth, house, and pit features.
- High-resistance anomalies outlined in yellow have spatial correlation with suspected hearths in the magnetic data.
- A discrete low-resistance anomaly is circled in orange. This may be natural in origin, but is consistent with a pit or other feature containing organically enriched or fine-grained material.
- A green line indicated a partial "ring" of faint anomalies. Although it is not well defined, it has spatial correlation with a suspected architectural feature in the magnetic data.
- A similar partial ring indicated by a blue line. If these groups of anomalies represent architectural features, one would seem to be superimposed upon the other.
- Linear anomalies that may be cultural in origin are indicated with red lines.